More From W. H. Auden
- "I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street."
- "A professor is someone who talks in someone else’s sleep."
- "Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness; it is the one crime in which society has a direct interest."
More In Dreams
- "The old studios that mass-produced dreams are gone with the wind, just like the old downtown theaters that were the temples of the dreams."― Suzanne Fields
- "Dreams have only the pigmentation of fact."― Djuna Barnes
- "Men never cling to their dreams with such tenacity as at the moment when they are losing faith in them, and know it, but do not dare yet to confess it to themselves."― William Graham Sumner