More From W. H. Auden
- "I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street."
- "Art is born of humiliation."
- "The class distinctions proper to a democratic society are not those of rank or money, still less, as is apt to happen when these are abandoned, of race, but of age."
More In Love
- "Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache."― Mae West
- "When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before."― Blaise Pascal
- "The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity – love. And the story of a love is not important – what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."― Helen Hayes