More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Education
- "My father had very little formal education."― Daniel Berrigan
- "I feel like in America, we don’t have a kid problem. You think about all these issues that these kids are dealing with, we have an adult problem. We have adults that do not place the priority on our kids to get a valuable education."― Alonzo Mourning
- "The best education in the world is that got by struggling to get a living."― Wendell Phillips