More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Education
- "To penetrate and dissipate these clouds of darkness, the general mind must be strengthened by education."― Thomas Jefferson
- "My parents always made education and school the number one priority. They believed that an education is the best gift you can give to your child."― Debra Messing
- "I’m not convinced that women have the education or the sense of their own history enough or that they understand the cruelty of which men are capable and the delight that many men will take in seeing you choose to chain yourself – then they get to say ‘See, you did it yourself.’"― Alice Walker