More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
More In Education
- "I feel sorry sometimes for these sportsmen and women who put in just as much effort as the footballers. For example, athletes train at least as hard as footballers but have to be happy if they can earn enough to finance a decent education."― Angela Merkel
- "It’s really important to say this. Often the faith schools were founded before the state provided education. I want good education in this country so I’m not going to slag off faith schools. I think that it’s important that people of different backgrounds and different faiths go to school together and many faith schools do that."― Ed Miliband
- "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."― David Suzuki