More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
More In Education
- "With Michigan’s economic future on the line, we can’t afford to have our 500 local school districts marching in different directions. Instead, we need a high standards, mandatory curriculum to get all our students on the road to higher education and a good paying job."― Jennifer Granholm
- "The most valuable of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it has to be done, whether you like it or not."― Aldous Huxley
- "Dialogue and education for peace can help free our hearts from the impulse toward intolerance and the rejection of others."― Daisaku Ikeda