More From Voltaire
- "Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy the mad daughter of a wise mother. These daughters have too long dominated the earth."
- "It is not sufficient to see and to know the beauty of a work. We must feel and be affected by it."
- "The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all."
More In God
- "God gives talent. Work transforms talent into genius."― Anna Pavlova
- "Just as in earthly life lovers long for the moment when they are able to breathe forth their love for each other, to let their souls blend in a soft whisper, so the mystic longs for the moment when in prayer he can, as it were, creep into God."― Soren Kierkegaard
- "God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it."― Steve Harvey