More From Vladimir Nabokov
- "Imagination, the supreme delight of the immortal and the immature, should be limited. In order to enjoy life, we should not enjoy it too much."
- "Poetry involves the mysteries of the irrational perceived through rational words."
- "A work of art has no importance whatever to society. It is only important to the individual."
More In Art
- "The art of life is to know how to enjoy a little and to endure very much."― William Hazlitt
- "If we know the divine art of concentration, if we know the divine art of meditation, if we know the divine art of contemplation, easily and consciously we can unite the inner world and the outer world."― Sri Chinmoy
- "The artist one day falls through a hole in the brambles, and from that moment he is following the dark rapids of an underground river which may sometimes flow so near to the surface that the laughing picnic parties are heard above."― Cyril Connolly