More From Vladimir Nabokov
- "A novelist is, like all mortals, more fully at home on the surface of the present than in the ooze of the past."
- "Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one."
- "To play safe, I prefer to accept only one type of power: the power of art over trash, the triumph of magic over the brute."
More In Dreams
- "My mom started smoking when she was 11. She went to the hill next door to try her first cigarette. She set the entire hill on fire, but it didn’t deter her."― Loni Anderson
- "When asked if I consider myself Buddhist, the answer is, Not really. But it’s more my religion than any other because I was brought up with it in an intellectual and spiritual environment. I don’t practice or preach it, however."― Uma Thurman
- "The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can’t wake up."― David Herbert Lawrence