More From Vladimir Nabokov
- "Discussion in class, which means letting twenty young blockheads and two cocky neurotics discuss something that neither their teacher nor they know."
- "A writer should have the precision of a poet and the imagination of a scientist."
- "To play safe, I prefer to accept only one type of power: the power of art over trash, the triumph of magic over the brute."
More In Home
- "I can remember being home from school with tonsillitis and writing stories in bed to pass the time."― Stephen King
- "My dad worked several jobs to pay for my expense in skating."― Nancy Kerrigan
- "I have a life that I enjoy; I try and value the things that I think are worth valuing and everything else is icing. You know, it is a kick to go down the red carpet in that dress and then you go back home."― Jewel