More From Victor Hugo
- "Religions do a useful thing: they narrow God to the limits of man. Philosophy replies by doing a necessary thing: it elevates man to the plane of God."
- "Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn’t every war fought between men, between brothers?"
- "Architecture has recorded the great ideas of the human race. Not only every religious symbol, but every human thought has its page in that vast book."
More In Life
- "Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes."― Carl Friedrich Gauss
- "Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."― William Shakespeare