More From Ulrich Beck
- "I forced myself to think what is the new concept and it became clear to me that it was risk, not only in technology and ecology, but in life and employment, too."
- "Neither science, nor the politics in power, nor the mass media, nor business, nor the law nor even the military are in a position to define or control risks rationally."
- "The basic assumption of the secular society is that modernity overcomes religion."
More In Education
- "We conclude that in the field of public education the doctrine of “separate but equal” has no place."― Earl Warren
- "Except among those whose education has been in the minimalist style, it is understood that hasty moral judgments about the past are a form of injustice."― Jacques Barzun
- "When my dad died a lot of songs came, and they’re still coming."― Rosanne Cash