More From Ulrich Beck
- "You need education. You need subsistence protection. We need jobs and social security. These are preconditions under which it will perhaps be possible to deal with these complex circumstances."
- "I forced myself to think what is the new concept and it became clear to me that it was risk, not only in technology and ecology, but in life and employment, too."
- "Neither science, nor the politics in power, nor the mass media, nor business, nor the law nor even the military are in a position to define or control risks rationally."
More In Experience
- "The sole substitute for an experience which we have not ourselves lived through is art and literature."― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- "Magicians lose the opportunity to experience a sense of wonder."― David Copperfield
- "It’s been quite an experience, being conservative and living in the North East."― Ann Romney