More From Trevor Phillips
- "I think there’s an awful lot of noise about the Church being persecuted but there is a more real issue that the conventional churches face – that the people who are really driving their revival and success believe in an old-time religion which, in my view, is incompatible with a modern, multi-ethnic, multicultural society."
- "Prison service vans that travel 90 miles to take a prisoner 90 yards; paedophiles free to leer at children in the very parks where they have committed horrific crimes."
- "The most likely victim of actual religious discrimination in British society is a Muslim, but the person who is most likely to feel slighted because of their religion is an evangelical Christian."
More In Happiness
- "Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives."― C. S. Lewis
- "The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom."― Arthur Schopenhauer
- "Feminism’s agenda is basic: It asks that women not be forced to choose between public justice and private happiness."― Susan Faludi