More From Tom Vilsack
- "Somewhere between 50 to 60 percent of the food you eat has been touched by immigrant hands, and it is fair to say some of them are not here as they should be here. But if you didn’t have these folks, you would be spending a lot more – three, four or five times more – for food, or we would have to import food and have all the food security risks."
- "Food during my early years was a very difficult issue for me. I grew up in an addictive family. My mother had serious problems with alcohol and prescription drugs. I was an overweight kid. I can remember back in those days there weren’t the strategies that there are today to deal with those issues."
- "President Obama’s fight for rural America is personal. He was raised by a single mom and grandparents from Kansas. He hails from a farming state, Illinois."
More In Funny
- "My little dog, he did not get ill. It is so funny that people get ill on a boat and dogs do not."― Anna Held
- "I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it."― W. C. Fields
- "It’s funny, like 15 years ago when I was a kid doing all the John Hughes movies, I remember Bruce Willis was the only guy who was transitioning from television into film."― Anthony Michael Hall