More From Tom Stoppard
- "The House of Lords, an illusion to which I have never been able to subscribe – responsibility without power, the prerogative of the eunuch throughout the ages."
- "You can’t but know that if you can capture the emotions of the audience as well as their minds, the play will work better, because it’s a narrative art form."
- "Beauty is desired in order that it may be befouled; not for its own sake, but for the joy brought by the certainty of profaning it."
More In Change
- "Most of the time, the things that really change the world exist for something fundamentally selfish and then the world-changing ends up being a side-effect of that."― Andrew Mason
- "It’s just that fun atmosphere, working on the car, being with the guys. This is exactly what I needed."― Kurt Busch
- "Much can and must be done by governments, but they cannot of themselves change lives."― Jonathan Sacks