More From Tom Hanks
- "My job has always been to hold a mirror up to nature."
- "But look, I was born in 1956, the peak year for births in US history. I think I’m very representative of many of the thought processes my generation have been through and, by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time."
- "My kid could get a bad X-ray and I could get a call from the doctor saying I have something growing in my bum and that would change my perspective on everything instantaneously, on what is and what is not important."
More In War
- "I can tell you this: If I’m ever in a position to call the shots, I’m not going to rush to send somebody else’s kids into a war."― George H. W. Bush
- "I would not plan to base my campaign primarily on opposition to the war in the Persian Gulf."― George McGovern
- "A war still rages over the legacy of the 1960s."― Camille Paglia