More From Timothy Garton Ash
- "Developments in information technology and globalised media mean that the most powerful military in the history of the world can lose a war, not on the battlefield of dust and blood, but on the battlefield of world opinion."
- "That said, the question remains: how to strike the balance between free speech and mutual respect in this mixed-up world, both blessed and cursed with instant communication? We should not fight fire with fire, threats with threats."
More In Movies
- "I was watching ‘Up In The Air’ and I thought, ‘Jesus, who’s the old gray-haired guy?’ And it was me. I never wear makeup for movies and now it’s starting to show."― George Clooney
- "I think I turned to writing really just to wake up in the morning and be a musician and to have something to do, and feel like a musician every day even if I wasn’t working."― Lesley Gore
- "I have a very busy life, and not many people who have a career and four kids go out a lot to the movies."― Meryl Streep