More From Thucydides
- "Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger."
- "Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war."
- "The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage."
More In Good
- "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master."― Hunter S. Thompson
- "Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy."― Aristotle
- "I did not want to reject religion as nonsense because life seemed to have no ultimate purpose without it, and most of the good people I knew were Christians."― Luke Ford