More From Thorstein Veblen
- "Labor wants pride and joy in doing good work, a sense of making or doing something beautiful or useful – to be treated with dignity and respect as brother and sister."
- "The basis on which good repute in any highly organized industrial community ultimately rests is pecuniary strength; and the means of showing pecuniary strength, and so of gaining or retaining a good name, are leisure and a conspicuous consumption of goods."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness is rarely absent; it is we that know not of its presence."― Maurice Maeterlinck
- "The greatest happiness comes from being vitally interested in something that excites all your energies."― Walter Annenberg
- "The happiness of the creature consists in rejoicing in God, by which also God is magnified and exalted."― Jonathan Edwards