More From Thomas W. Higginson
- "Nothing is so galling to a people not broken in from the birth as a paternal, or in other words a meddling government, a government which tells them what to read and say and eat and drink and wear."
- "When a thought takes one’s breath away, a grammar lesson seems an impertinence."
- "Great men are rarely isolated mountain peaks; they are the summits of ranges."
More In Good
- "It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."― Oscar Wilde
- "To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."― Plutarch
- "I know people think we drive around in these nice cars and we do whatever we want and our parents will pay our credit cards, but that’s not the case. Sure, my parents were generous; I got a nice car at 16, but at 18 I was cut off. I’ve worked really hard. I opened the store myself."― Kim Kardashian