More From Thomas Traherne
- "More company increases happiness, but does not lighten or diminish misery."
- "Your enjoyment of the world is never right, till every morning you awake in Heaven: see yourself in your Father’s palace; and look upon the skies, the earth, and the air as celestial joys: having such a reverend esteem of all, as if you were among the angels."
- "Happiness was not made to be boasted, but enjoyed. Therefore tho others count me miserable, I will not believe them if I know and feel myself to be happy; nor fear them."
More In Wisdom
- "Be happy. It’s one way of being wise."― Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
- "Books give not wisdom where none was before. But where some is, there reading makes it more."― Elizabeth Hardwick
- "In garden arrangement, as in all other kinds of decorative work, one has not only to acquire a knowledge of what to do, but also to gain some wisdom in perceiving what it is well to let alone."― Gertrude Jekyll