More From Thomas Jefferson
- "I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind."
- "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits."
- "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."
More In Education
- "Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more deadly in the long run."― Mark Twain
- "I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think."― Anne Sullivan
- "If the Romans had been obliged to learn Latin, they would never have found time to conquer the world."― Heinrich Heine