More From Thomas Jefferson
- "War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses."
- "I have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office."
- "The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
More In Inspirational
- "Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving? Show me your feet. Are they wounded in service? Show me your heart. Have you left a place for divine love?"― Fulton J. Sheen
- "Think with your whole body."― Taisen Deshimaru
- "Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, and mankind the vessel."― Augustus Hare