More From Thomas Jefferson
- "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
- "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- "Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."
More In Power
- "People who are powerless make an open theater of violence."― Don DeLillo
- "The strategic adversary is fascism… the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us."― Michel Foucault
- "In a world awash in debt, power shifts to creditors."― Fareed Zakaria