More From Thomas Jefferson
- "The second office in the government is honorable and easy; the first is but a splendid misery."
- "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits."
- "But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."
More In Attitude
- "Black Consciousness is an attitude of the mind and a way of life, the most positive call to emanate from the black world for a long time."― Steven Biko
- "With just about every player in Australia, his whole goal and ambition is to play for Australia. That’s why they’re playing first class cricket. It’s just a different attitude."― Shane Warne
- "There is in us a lyric germ or nucleus which deserves respect; it bids a man to ponder or create; and in this dim corner of himself he can take refuge and find consolations which the society of his fellow creatures does not provide."― Norman Douglas