More From Thomas Jefferson
- "The republican is the only form of government which is not eternally at open or secret war with the rights of mankind."
- "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God."
- "For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security."
More In Men
- "Quantity in food is more to be regarded than quality. A full meal is a great enemy both to study and industry."― Samuel Richardson
- "Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent."― Napoleon Hill
- "Something unpleasant is coming when men are anxious to tell the truth."― Benjamin Disraeli