More From Thomas Frank
- "What is at stake in the debate over health care is more than the mere crafting of policy. The issue is now the identity of the Democratic Party."
- "Under the administration of George W. Bush, you will recall, federal spending grew pretty significantly. At the same time, the number of people directly employed by the federal government shrank. One of the factors that explained the difference was contracting."
- "In America, we no longer have an institutionalized, organized way of calling business to task – of taking them to account for what they’ve done – and this is especially true in the cultural realm."
More In Work
- "If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment, so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work. If man feels small, let man make himself bigger."― Hubert H. Humphrey
- "Biennial culture is already almost irrelevant, because so many more people are providing so many better opportunities for artists to exhibit their work."― Jerry Saltz
- "Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something… hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication."― Roger Staubach