More From Thomas Frank
- "Our laws governing lobbying and campaign contributions have struck the right balance between the wishes of the people and those of private industry, so why are we so quick to doubt that the same great results can be achieved by putting the government’s justice-dealing branch on the same market-based course?"
- "As you may recall, Truman was extremely unpopular when he finally left Washington in 1953, thanks largely to the Korean War. Today, however, he is thought to have been a solidly good president, a ‘Near Great’ even, in the terminology of those surveys of historians they do every now and then."
- "We are watching industries crumble, Wall Street firms disappear, unemployment spike, and unprecedented government intervention. And our designated opinion leaders want to know: Is Obama up this week? Is he down? And is his leadership style more like Bill Clinton’s, or Abraham Lincoln’s?"
More In Religion
- "Civilisation has ever accompanied emigration and conquest – the conflict of opinion, of religion, or of race."― Alfred Russel Wallace
- "I don’t necessarily believe in organized religion."― Will Smith
- "Sometimes it’s more difficult to exist as a female lead, especially in action movies because all those men are around you. They take so much place."― Monica Bellucci