More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead."
- "The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight."
- "The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits."
More In Education
- "When you have strict censorship of the internet, young students cannot receive a full education. Their view of the world is imbalanced. There can be no true discussion of the issues."― Ai Weiwei
- "Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by any one particular religious faith is never a happy arrangement for the people."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Government will not fail to employ education, to strengthen its hands, and perpetuate its institutions."― William Godwin