More From Tacitus
- "It belongs to human nature to hate those you have injured."
- "Be assured those will be thy worst enemies, not to whom thou hast done evil, but who have done evil to thee. And those will be thy best friends, not to whom thou hast done good, but who have done good to thee."
- "Reason and judgment are the qualities of a leader."
More In Great
- "One great object of the Constitution was to restrain majorities from oppressing minorities or encroaching upon their just rights."― James K. Polk
- "Perhaps, to the uninformed, it may appear unaccountable that a man should be able to retain in his memory such a variety of learning; but the close alliance with each other, of the different branches of science, will explain the difficulty."― Marcus V. Pollio
- "You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself, and for the firefighter it is fire."― Larry Brown