More From Tacitus
- "Fear is not in the habit of speaking truth; when perfect sincerity is expected, perfect freedom must be allowed; nor has anyone who is apt to be angry when he hears the truth any cause to wonder that he does not hear it."
- "Be assured those will be thy worst enemies, not to whom thou hast done evil, but who have done evil to thee. And those will be thy best friends, not to whom thou hast done good, but who have done good to thee."
- "It belongs to human nature to hate those you have injured."
More In Great
- "A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother’s love."― Thomas Chandler Haliburton
- "He is neither a strategist nor is he schooled in the operational arts, nor is he a tactician, nor is he a general. Other than that he’s a great military man."― Norman Schwarzkopf
- "American movies are often very good at mining those great underlying myths that make films robustly travel across class, age, gender, culture."― Tom Hooper