More From Susan Sontag
- "The love of the famous, like all strong passions, is quite abstract. Its intensity can be measured mathematically, and it is independent of persons."
- "Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs."
- "The aim of all commentary on art now should be to make works of art – and, by analogy, our own experience – more, rather than less, real to us. The function of criticism should be to show how it is what it is, even that it is what it is, rather than to show what it means."
More In Beauty
- "I am a great lover of art, in many forms: paintings, objets, textiles. I don’t have the talent for painting, but I have a very good sense of colour, a love of visual beauty."― Jacqueline Bisset
- "Politics has less to do with where you live than where your heart is."― Margaret Cho
- "I am obsessed with beauty. I want everything to be perfect, and of course it isn’t. And that’s a tough place to be because you’re never satisfied."― Robert Mapplethorpe