More From Susan B. Anthony
- "I have encountered riotous mobs and have been hung in effigy, but my motto is: Men’s rights are nothing more. Women’s rights are nothing less."
- "I don’t want to die as long as I can work; the minute I can not, I want to go."
- "The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball – the further I am rolled the more I gain."
More In Women
- "It’s so clear that you have to cherish everyone. I think that’s what I get from these older black women, that every soul is to be cherished, that every flower Is to bloom."― Alice Walker
- "The fact that the church is convinced of not having the right to confer priestly ordination on women is now considered by some as irreconcilable with the European Constitution."― Joseph Ratzinger
- "A lot of women seem to think the way to ingratiate themselves is to put down other women or backstab. That’s the quickest way to be eliminated from my life – try that with me, and you’re out."― Gabrielle Union