More From Susan B. Anthony
- "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."
- "I do not consider divorce an evil by any means. It is just as much a refuge for women married to brutal men as Canada was to the slaves of brutal masters."
- "Join the union, girls, and together say Equal Pay for Equal Work."
More In Power
- "Heroes are those who can somehow resist the power of the situation and act out of noble motives, or behave in ways that do not demean others when they easily can."― Philip Zimbardo
- "It is remarkable by how much a pinch of malice enhances the penetrating power of an idea or an opinion. Our ears, it seems, are wonderfully attuned to sneers and evil reports about our fellow men."― Eric Hoffer
- "You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."― Marcus Aurelius