More From Stephen Sondheim
- "Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."
- "In the Rodgers and Hammerstein generation, popular hits came out of shows and movies."
- "I love the theater as much as music, and the whole idea of getting across to an audience and making them laugh, making them cry – just making them feel – is paramount to me."
More In Poetry
- "We recognise in the finished art, which is the result of these conditions, the best words in the best order – poetry; and to put this essential poetry into different classes is impossible."― John Drinkwater
- "How do poems grow? They grow out of your life."― Robert Penn Warren
- "He fertilizes a phrase or a line of poetry for weeks and then gives birth to it in a speech."― John Colville