More From Stephen Sondheim
- "Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."
- "I love the theater as much as music, and the whole idea of getting across to an audience and making them laugh, making them cry – just making them feel – is paramount to me."
- "All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That’s what makes theatre live. That’s why it persists."
More In Poetry
- "The other side of it is that, despite all that, people reach out to poetry at the key moments in their lives."― Paul Muldoon
- "Solitude is very important in my work as a mode of inspiration, but isolation is not good in this respect. I am not writing poetry about isolation."― Wislawa Szymborska
- "I wrote things for the school’s newspaper, and – like all teenagers – I dabbled in poetry."― Stephen Colbert