More From Spiro T. Agnew
- "Three things have been difficult to tame: the oceans, fools and women. We may soon be able to tame the oceans; fools and women will take a little longer."
- "Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman’s truncheon over the anarchist’s bomb."
- "An intellectual is a man who doesn’t know how to park a bike."
More In Government
- "I love and always have loved policy issues and trying to have an impact on the issues that are out there. I cherish my years in government. I have loved my participation at CNN, at Current; writing; teaching. Where I will go next, I will have to sort out."― Eliot Spitzer
- "People from both political parties have long recognized that welfare without work creates negative incentives that lead to permanent poverty. It robs people of self-esteem."― Mitt Romney
- "Flipping the dial through available radio stations there will blare out to any listener an array of broadcasts, 24/7, propagating Religious Right politics, along with what they deem to be ‘old-time gospel preaching.’ This is especially true of what comes over the airwaves in Bible Belt southern states."― Tony Campolo