More From Simone Weil
- "As soon as men know that they can kill without fear of punishment or blame, they kill; or at least they encourage killers with approving smiles."
- "An atheist may be simply one whose faith and love are concentrated on the impersonal aspects of God."
- "Two prisoners whose cells adjoin communicate with each other by knocking on the wall. The wall is the thing which separates them but is also their means of communication. It is the same with us and God. Every separation is a link."
More In Teacher
- "In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can’t learn well that way don’t have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher’s teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn."― Robert Sternberg
- "You know how to tell if the teacher is hung over? Movie Day."― Jay Mohr
- "The teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron."― Horace Mann