More From Simone Weil
- "Humanism was not wrong in thinking that truth, beauty, liberty, and equality are of infinite value, but in thinking that man can get them for himself without grace."
- "Evil, when we are in its power, is not felt as evil, but as a necessity, even a duty."
- "In the intellectual order, the virtue of humility is nothing more nor less than the power of attention."
More In War
- "We have always said that in our war with the Arabs we had a secret weapon – no alternative."― Golda Meir
- "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war."― Ernest Hemingway
- "I had just turned 10-years-old when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and plunged America into World War II."― Dan Rather