More From Simon Newcomb
- "What we now call school training, the pursuit of fixed studies at stated hours under the constant guidance of a teacher, I could scarcely be said to have enjoyed."
- "My father was the most rational and the most dispassionate of men."
- "The time was not yet ripe for the growth of mathematical science among us, and any development that might have taken place in that direction was rudely stopped by the civil war."
More In Teacher
- "If you’re a doctor or a lawyer or teacher, if you only get three things right out of 10, you’re considered a failure."― Jamie Moyer
- "For the longest time, you just sound like a broken record, but you have to be consistent when teaching kids."― Heidi Klum
- "One of the most extraordinary things about being a spiritual teacher is the rare privilege of being able to look deeply into the very souls of many human beings at the same time."― Andrew Cohen