More From Saul Williams
- "I think we fool ourselves and really negate a great deal of history if we think that the oral history of poetry is shorter than the written history of poetry. It’s not true. Poetry has a longer oral tradition than it does written."
- "The downfall of the industry seems to actually be good for art. I think the industry will find their way once the focus shifts from its greed-based origins, downsizes, and begins to support creative visions that speak to our times and shifting ideals."
- "Why shouldn’t rap be esoteric, able to take in current events, history and criticism? I guess it’s this old idea of containment – that rappers, because they’re black, can’t and shouldn’t aspire to look outside the ghetto for influence."
More In Peace
- "Well, I think in my own work the subject matter usually deals with characters I know, aspects of myself, friends of mine – that sort of thing."― Martin Scorsese
- "The so-called peace path is not peace and it is not a substitute for jihad and resistance."― Ahmed Yassin
- "Though public pronouncements of Israeli officials emphasize peace and mutuality, unilateralism actually drives Israeli actions."― Douglas Feith