More From Sara Blakely
- "I failed the LSAT. Basically, if I had not failed, I’d have been a lawyer and there would be no Spanx. I think failure is nothing more than life’s way of nudging you that you are off course. My attitude to failure is not attached to outcome, but in not trying. It is liberating."
- "I’m just like so many women – I was frustrated, I had these white pants that I had spent a lot of money on, and you get home and you think, ‘What am I really supposed to wear under this?’ So it was a frustrated consumer moment."
- "When I was 7, I came up with the idea of ‘charm socks.’ My mom would take me to buy bags of plastic charms, we would sew them on frilly white socks, and I sold them at school."
More In Food
- "And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul."― Plato
- "You’re raising a kid and you give it food and shelter and, most importantly, you give it the feeling that it’s special. I think people react to celebrities like that – I mean, they treat celebrities like children."― David Duchovny
- "My Mom always cooked healthy. Greek food lends itself to cooking healthy."― Cat Cora