More From Samuel Richardson
- "Nothing in human nature is so God-like as the disposition to do good to our fellow-creatures."
- "If the education and studies of children were suited to their inclinations and capacities, many would be made useful members of society that otherwise would make no figure in it."
- "Married people should not be quick to hear what is said by either when in ill humor."
More In Power
- "I’m proud of all the movies I’ve made. They’re not sequels, they’re not franchises. And the reason I pick my films carefully is that I don’t want to spit on my life. I like to think of myself as more than that."― Kevin Costner
- "The rejection that we all take and the sadness and the aggravation and the loss of jobs and all of the things that we live through in our lives, without a sense of humor, I don’t know how people make it."― Marlo Thomas
- "Women are a sisterhood. They make common cause in behalf of the sex; and, indeed, this is natural enough, when we consider the vast power that the law gives us over them."― William Cobbett