More From Samuel Johnson
- "Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."
- "Small debts are like small shot; they are rattling on every side, and can scarcely be escaped without a wound: great debts are like cannon; of loud noise, but little danger."
- "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labor tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution."
More In Success
- "All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right about face which turns us from failure to success."― Dorthea Brande
- "Constant success shows us but one side of the world; adversity brings out the reverse of the picture."― Charles Caleb Colton
- "We had a script that was really solid and we knew how we were going to shoot and how the energy of it was going to go. So it gave us a lot of freedom to use the camera as a character."― Marguerite Moreau