More From Samuel Johnson
- "In order that all men may be taught to speak the truth, it is necessary that all likewise should learn to hear it."
- "The true art of memory is the art of attention."
- "There are few things that we so unwillingly give up, even in advanced age, as the supposition that we still have the power of ingratiating ourselves with the fair sex."
More In Home
- "Most of us in the baby-boom generation were raised by full-time mothers. Even as recently as 14 years ago, 6 out of 10 mothers with babies were staying at home. Today that is totally reversed. Does that mean we love our children less than our mothers loved us? No, but it certainly causes a lot of guilt trips."― Jane Pauley
- "In the true sense one’s native land, with its background of tradition, early impressions, reminiscences and other things dear to one, is not enough to make sensitive human beings feel at home."― Emma Goldman
- "When I’m at home, I enjoy going go-karting."― Andy Murray