More From Samuel Butler
- "To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he can never know that he is dead."
- "Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule."
- "Theist and atheist: the fight between them is as to whether God shall be called God or shall have some other name."
More In Dad
- "My father-in-law gets up at 5 o’clock in the morning and watches the Discovery Channel. I don’t know why there’s this big rush to do this."― Jeff Foxworthy
- "I have very little faith that I’ll ever find someone. I’ve had some bad luck and I’ve made some bad choices – not in men, but in how I’ve chosen to deal with relationships."― Selma Blair
- "When I realized I was having trouble reading, I was too embarrassed to ask for help. Some teachers believed in me, but I just wasn’t focused on school – I was into the music and trying to please my dad."― Fantasia Barrino