More From Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."
- "Friendship will not stand the strain of very much good advice for very long."
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."
More In Power
- "The bitterest creature under heaven is the wife who discovers that her husband’s bravery is only bravado, that his strength is only a uniform, that his power is but a gun in the hands of a fool."― Pearl S. Buck
- "Tonight, we gather to affirm the greatness of our nation – not because of the height of our skyscrapers, or the power of our military, or the size of our economy. Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago."― Barack Obama
- "Biology always beats will power."― Mehmet Oz