More From Robert Morgan
- "Our most famous writers are Faulkner and Eudora Welty and Flannery O’Connor. It would make sense that the poetry would reflect some of those same values, some of the same techniques."
- "The decision to write in prose instead of poetry is made more by the readers than by writers. Almost no one is interested in reading narrative in verse."
- "Among the American contemporaries I read with most enjoyment are several North Carolinians. I think the best poetry being written these days is being written by Southerners."
More In Poetry
- "I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship."― Leonardo DiCaprio
- "Bleak House is just the most astounding piece of work. There’s huge, visionary poetry in it."― Simon Callow
- "But if you don’t watch me, I will try and sneak in some humor. I see humor everywhere in life around me."― Marion Ross