More From Robert M. Hutchins
- "A liberal education… frees a man from the prison-house of his class, race, time, place, background, family and even his nation."
- "The college graduate is presented with a sheepskin to cover his intellectual nakedness."
- "The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives."
More In Death
- "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it."― Voltaire
- "Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us."― Thomas Paine
- "She looks like a warrior. I mean, Bellatrix does mean warrior. And she’s also a bit of a fatale. She’s the right hand of Voldemort, and the only woman death eater."― Helena Bonham Carter