More From Robert E. Lee
- "It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it."
- "It is good that war is so horrible, or we might grow to like it."
- "We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters."
More In Strength
- "Sometimes your disappointments make you a stronger person for the future."― Blanka Vlasic
- "But the general welfare must restrict and regulate the exertions of the individuals, as the individuals must derive a supply of their strength from social power."― Friedrich List
- "I come from hardworking, determined people on both sides of my family… the kind who live with a hard reality from which much strength comes."― Adriana Trigiani