More From Richard Russo
- "My books are elegiac in the sense that they’re odes to a nation that even I sometimes think may not exist anymore except in my memory and my imagination."
- "I never worry about people not taking my work seriously as a result of the humor. In the end, the comic’s best trick is the illusion that comedy is effortless. That people imagine what he’s doing is easy is an occupational hazard."
- "At the risk of appearing disingenuous, I don’t really think of myself as ‘writing humor.’ I’m simply reporting on the world I observe, which is frequently hilarious."
More In Nature
- "We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies – it is the first law of nature."― Voltaire
- "The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but plunges him more deeply into them."― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- "Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature."― Gerard De Nerval