More From Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- "Remember that when you meet your antagonist, to do everything in a mild agreeable manner. Let your courage be keen, but, at the same time, as polished as your sword."
- "I open with a clock striking, to beget an awful attention in the audience – it also marks the time, which is four o clock in the morning, and saves a description of the rising sun, and a great deal about gilding the eastern hemisphere."
- "He is indebted to his memory for his jests and to his imagination for his facts."
More In Politics
- "I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in politics. When I’m finished with my term as governor, I’m going back to the life that’s waiting for me in the private sector."― Jesse Ventura
- "I can’t let important policy decisions hinge on the fact that an election is coming up every 90 days."― Gerhard Schroder
- "Many women long for what eludes them, and like not what is offered them."― Ovid