More From Raymond Chandler
- "The minute you try to talk business with him he takes the attitude that he is a gentleman and a scholar, and the moment you try to approach him on the level of his moral integrity he starts to talk business."
- "Everything a writer learns about the art or craft of fiction takes just a little away from his need or desire to write at all. In the end he knows all the tricks and has nothing to say."
- "Most critical writing is drivel and half of it is dishonest. It is a short cut to oblivion, anyway. Thinking in terms of ideas destroys the power to think in terms of emotions and sensations."
More In Intelligence
- "The emotional brain responds to an event more quickly than the thinking brain."― Daniel Goleman
- "The mob spirit has grown with the increasing intelligence of the Afro-American."― Ida B. Wells
- "During the Cold War, we gathered information by listening to the Soviets, taking pictures of the Soviets, and we allowed our human intelligence to decline."― Bob Graham