More From Ray Stannard Baker
- "It is not short of amazing, the power of a great idea to weld men together. There was in it a peculiar, intense, vital spirit if you will, that I have never felt before in any strike."
- "The very first time I was on a car in Atlanta, I saw the conductor – all conductors are white – ask a Negro woman to get up and take a seat farther back in order to make a place for a white man. I have also seen white men requested to leave the Negro section of the car."
More In Courage
- "Part of courage is simple consistency."― Peggy Noonan
- "I think what I would say to my younger self, and probably to younger, just starting-out writers is that a lot of times you’re just afraid to put yourself out there, and it’s uncomfortable because it’s working up the courage to do something, to push yourself to do those things."― Carol Leifer
- "You live with the fear people might find out. Then you actually have the courage to tell people and they go, I don’t think you are gay. It’s enough to drive you crazy."― Portia de Rossi